University of California Training Videos
The UC Office of the President developed a series of training videos on important topics related to export controls. Click a title below to watch the corresponding video. Please note that relevant regulations governing export controls change frequently, so information in these videos may no longer be accurate. Contact email@example.com for up-to-date information that can address your specific situation.
- Introduction to Export Control
- Biological Agents
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Traveling Abroad
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- International Shipping Overview
- International Shipping Documentation
RPC's export control team is available to present a brief overview of export controls during staff trainings and faculty meetings. If you are interested in scheduling a presentation for your department or research group, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
U.S. Agency Training Materials
- Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) – Export Administration Regulations Training
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) – International Traffic in Arms Regulations Tutorial
- Reaffirming UCLA’s Commitment to International Collaboration and the International Community:
Chancellor Gene Block reiterated in November 2019 that, "UCLA is committed to complying with all applicable laws, regulations and UC policies that govern research, gift solicitation and outside activities when working with international partners. The important research that UCLA undertakes does not arbitrarily stop at our national borders. Much of our research requires international collaboration. Our collaborative spirit has helped us to thrive, and we are committed to protecting a research and teaching environment that is open and cooperative and facilitates the appropriate exchange of research results."
- University of California – Policy on Export Control:
The University of California Office of the President issued a new policy in June 2018 about export controls.
- International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR):
The U.S. Department of State Directorate of Defense Trade Controls administers ITAR, that covers items, services, and technology with explicit military/defense applications, including spacecraft and satellites.
- Export Administration Regulations (EAR):
The U.S. Department of Commerce Bureau of Industry and Security establishes controls over “dual-use” items, services, and technologies that have both civilian and military purposes.
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC):
The U.S. Department of the Treasury oversees foreign trade embargoes and economic sanctions.