Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Research Policy & Compliance Operations
Staff of Research Policy and Compliance (RPC) are working remotely during the shelter-in-place order. Hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8-5 pm. Emails and calls will be returned as promptly as possible.
Research Policy and Compliance provides leadership, regulatory expertise, professional guidance, and administrative support to the campus in order to promote the ethical conduct of research and to facilitate compliance with federal, state, University of California, and UCLA regulations, and policies. RPC supports the Vice Chancellor for Research and Creative Activities in his roles as the Institutional Official for oversight of the Animal Care and Use Program at UCLA, and Research Integrity Officer.
RPC serves as the administrative home for the UCLA Export Control compliance program. RPC staff also work collaboratively with Legal Affairs, Academic Affairs, and ORA on special reviews related to questions of foreign engagement.
RPC convenes and provides leadership for a number of faculty-led review committees, including the:
- Animal Research Committee (ARC)
- Conflict of Interest Review Committee (CIRC)
- Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
- Radiation Safety Committees (RSC)
RPC also supports other specialized committees, including the:
- Cannabis Advisory Board (CAB)
- Chemical & Physical Safety Committee (CPSC)
- Dual Use Review Entity (DURE)
- High Containment Use Committee (HCUC)
- High Containment Laboratory Oversight Group (HCLOG)
- Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research Safety Oversight Committee (OSOC).
RPC is led by Associate Vice Chancellor-Research Ann Pollack and is a part of the Office of Research and Creative Activities.
Conflict of Interest:
- Federal Financial Interest Disclosure Matrix
- Disclosure Forms
- Upcoming CIRC Meetings & Case Submission Deadlines