DOD requires full disclosure of current and pending support, which includes domestic support, and any foreign support or engagement.
The DOD March 20, 2019 memo announced the following new requirements for all new DOD Notices of Funding Opportunities (NFOs) pertaining to new research and research-related educational activities after April 19, 2019. These requirements apply to proposals for grants, cooperative agreements, Technology Investment Agreements, and other non-procurement transactions. Proposers must now submit the following information for all key personnel (in addition to the PI or Co-PI) whether or not the individuals' efforts under the project are to be funded by DOD:
- A list of all current projects the individual is working on.
- Any future (pending) support the individual has applied to receive, regardless of the source.
- Title and objectives of each of these research projects.
- The percentage per year each of the key personnel will devote to the other projects.
- The total amount of support the individual is receiving in connection to each of the other research projects or will receive if other proposals are awarded.
- Name and address of the agencies and/or other parties supporting the other research projects.
- Period of performance for the other research projects.
Failure to submit this information may cause the proposal to be returned without further review. DOD also reserves the right to request further details from a proposer before making a final determination on funding the effort.
Please note that DOD proposals for other types of awards may have other requirements; please check the program solicitation and direct any questions to the appropriate individual at the UCLA Office of Contract and Grant Administration.