NASA requires full disclosure of current and pending support, which includes domestic support, and any foreign support or engagement.
The following requirements are from the NASA Guidebook for Proposers Responding to a NASA Funding Opportunity, revised as of February 4, 2022.
2.16 Current and Pending Support (not required for contract proposals)
PIs and CoPIs shall provide all ongoing and pending projects and proposals (regardless of salary support) in which they are performing or will perform any part of the work. Co-Is proposing to spend 10 percent or more of their time in any given year to the proposed effort shall provide a list of ongoing and pending projects and proposals (regardless of salary support) that require more than 10 percent of their time in any given year. Proposals do not need to include the current proposal on the list of pending proposals unless it has been submitted in response to another funding opportunity (i.e., NASA or another sponsor).
PIs and CoPIs also shall list their current and pending support with Chinese universities and other similar institutions or a Chinese-owned company at the prime recipient level and at all subrecipient levels, whether the bilateral involvement is funded or performed under a no-exchange of funds arrangements. (See paragraph 2.2.1)
For those investigators for whom it is required (see above), the proposal shall provide the following information for each current and pending project:
- Title of funded project or proposal title;
- Name of PI on award or proposal;
- Program name (if appropriate) and sponsoring agency or organization, including a point of contact with their telephone number and email address;
- Performance period;
- Total amount proposed (if pending) or received by that PI (including indirect costs) for that award or the amount per year if uniform (e.g., $50k/year); and
- Time commitment by the PI for each year of the period of performance. The proposing PI shall notify the NASA Program Officer identified in the NOFO immediately of any successful proposals that are awarded for substantially overlapping work as that proposed to NASA any time after the proposal due date and until the announcement of NASA’s selections.
Current and pending support is not required for Co-Is at non-U.S. institutions.
Current and pending support is usually not required for students, but it may be requested, depending on the requirements of the NOFO. Proposers may request student funding in one of three different ways:
- As a direct labor cost, the same as a key or other personnel;
- As a scholarship or other student aid that shall comply with the requirements in 2 CFR 200.466, Scholarships and student aid costs; or
- As a participant support cost as defined in 2 CFR 200.1, Definitions.
- 2 CFR 200.466, Scholarships and student aid costs.
- As a participant support cost as defined in 2 CFR200.75
Please note that NASA proposals for other types of awards may have other requirements; please check the program solicitation and direct any questions to the appropriate individual at the UCLA Office of Contract and Grant Administration.